NBIS is seeking professional or student volunteers who are passionate about sustainable business and skilled in journalism and social media to elevate our communications program. We seek individuals with strong writing skills, content expertise and personal energy for ongoing roles involving newsletter communications, social media outreach, and website management. Content typically includes disseminating news about upcoming NBIS events and opportunities, highlighting the profiles and accomplishments of our members and community, and sharing innovative ideas, best practices, case studies and emerging trends in the field of sustainable business through our various communication channels.
- Research, write and share engaging content related to the latest in sustainable thought leadership and case examples of sustainable business practices;
- Create and distribute 2 newsletters per month;
- Post weekly content on the NBIS website and social media platforms.
- Excellent written and communication skills;
- Background knowledge of sustainability concepts, CSR practices and environmental and social issues (desired);
- Independent worker capable of taking initiative and maintaining flexibility;
- Passion for mission and goals of NBIS and ability to absorb and integrate these into work.
Time Commitment and Compensation:
Volunteers interested in this role are requested to make a minimum commitment of 8 hours a week.
This position is uncompensated, though all NBIS volunteers are rewarded through the mentorship, training and connections provided. Volunteers benefit from our reputation and network as we engage a wide community of business, public-sector and non-profit professionals. Working alongside our Executive Directors, Board members and other volunteers, you will gain valuable work experience, contributing concretely to NBIS’ strength as an impact-driven organization.
NOTE: internship credit is available for current students.
Application Process and Contact Information:
Please send a short cover letter, resume and relevant writing sample to Lexie Carr at lexiec[at]nbis.org.