NBIS’ diverse range of programs is focused on our mission to:
- Support leadership and best practices implementation within businesses;
- Network professionals across industries and provide resources and valuable connections;
- Link businesses with expertise and technical resources to support their endeavors;
- Provide innovative opportunities for businesses to reach beyond themselves to leverage change in their industry or to contribute to significant regional challenges.
Accelerating Sustainability Consultation Services
NBIS’ consultative engagement with company teams focuses on:
- Green Team orientation and opportunity presentations and coaching.
- Identifying the value proposition of initiatives for individual companies and organizations; providing industry intelligence and an overview of opportunities and best practices.
- Conducting opportunity, impact and achievement assessments utilizing SCORE™ and other assessment tools as a foundation for strategic planning.
- Planning, prioritizing and setting goals and establishing measurement systems for initiatives.
- Coaching teams in the ongoing process of implementing programs, developing leadership training and company-wide educational programs as needed.
- Providing consultation on implementation projects: e.g. life cycle assessment, procurement and supply chain programs, GHG and other benchmarking, stakeholder engagement and marketing and public relations.
NBIS Workshops, Training and Forums:
NBIS offers a variety of forums, training programs and workshops. These provide in-depth training on specific approaches and issues and create opportunities for peer learning and for professionals to deepen their expertise in particular application areas.
NBIS Membership and Networking:
NBIS provides opportunities for professionals to meet across industries and to share experiences and expertise. NBIS member companies are visible on our website and receive recognition for their work. NBIS staff and board seek opportunities to link members with one another to advance mutual goals.
NBIS Regional Initiatives:
An important component of NBIS’ activity and mission is to provide avenues for the private sector to positively engage with regional challenges.
- By-Product Synergy NW convenes member businesses for exploration of materials and resource exchanges that save money, reduce waste and foster process improvements and discovery of new market opportunities. Though still in its first year of operation, this program is applauded for its contribution to reducing volumes of waste to landfill, hazardous waste generation and greenhouse gas emissions.
In 2004, NBIS facilitated a national conference on “Profitable Sustainability, the Future of Business”, which helped to focus business attention on the opportunities and necessity of preparing for a different landscape for business.