NBIS seeks highly motivated professionals and students with skills and experience to bring to the advancement of our programs and organization. NBIS has a vibrant program of events that includes networking events, professional development seminars and roundtables, special symposia and regional events.
As an intern/volunteer you will support this major program area. Activities include:
- Program Development and Planning: work with the Executive Directors and key partners in developing NBIS event programs.
- Marketing and Communications: work with the marketing and communications committee in promoting events and engaging outreach partners and the media.
- Event Management: Manage end-to-end event logistics and follow up.
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written, emphasizing promotional communications.
- Knowledge of sustainable business and corporate responsibility innovations and practices.
- Program planning and project management skills, along with the capacity to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Experienced with event marketing, development of communications materials and promotional channels including social media.
Time Commitment and Compensation:
Volunteers interested in this role are requested to make a minimum commitment of 4 hours a week. In recognition of this volunteer service and skills, NBIS offers a discounted membership package: a 1-year Enhanced Membership with NBIS at a Basic Membership rate. This offers additional benefits including deeper discounts (or free admission) to NBIS events such as the Breakthrough Sustainability Seminars, access to NBIS’ Sustainable Practices Peer Learning Roundtables (in development), consultation with the NBIS directors, and zero waste resources and assistance that are part of our By-Product Synergy program.
All NBIS volunteers are further rewarded through the mentorship, training and connections provided. Volunteers benefit from our reputation and network as we engage a wide community of businesses, professionals and partners. Working alongside our Executive Directors, Board members and other volunteers as part of our leadership team, you will make valuable contributions to developing and strengthening the NBIS network and its impacts.
Finally, internship credit is available for current students.
Application Process and Contact Information:
Please send a cover letter, resume and a relevant writing sample to Lexie Carr at lexiec[at]nbis.org.