Confronting the sustainability challenges now before us calls for collaboration, exchange of ideas, and exploration of solutions by academics and practitioners across every discipline. “Just Sustainability” will provide that platform!
- Our eight featured speakers, Congressman Adam Smith, City of Seattle’s Jessica Finn-Koven Brian Cladoosby, Shariff Abdullah, Cynthia Figge, Dr. Andrew Hoffman, McKenzie Funk, and the Interfaith Amigos will highlight how we can work together to ensure the well-being of all people while caring for our common home.
- Seven workshops will build expertise and provide tools for your organization and communities. Workshop themes range from “Indigenous Activism,” to “Corporate Sustainability,” to “Calculating Your Ecological Footprint.”
- Garden Conversations (aka speed dating) will foster connections and create a foundation for exchange, collaboration, and after-conference follow-up.
- Three sustainability tours will take you around some of the most innovative examples of greening efforts by Seattle community members and businesses. Tours include the greenest commercial building in the world (Bullitt Center), a walk through the Beacon Hill Food Forest, and a visit to the Puget Sound Clean Air Agency air sampling station.
- More than fifty academics and practitioners will give presentations that highlight their environmental justice and sustainability projects.
Click here for more information.
Presented by NBIS member, Seattle University.