Join us for our first Eco-Hour of 2012 — a special event that features not only the fabulous UW Surplus Store, but also NBIS member companies and organizations involved with waste reduction, product stewardship, recycling and repurposing materials and goods.
Elliott Bay Brewing Company returns as our Eco-Hour beer sponsor, and we are also pleased to feature Salmon-Safe certified wine from Portteus Winery.
Event hosts include:
- UW Surplus Store: Great buys – amazing stuff — everything from athletic equipment and office furniture to techy equipment of all kinds and Husky regalia!
- Cedar Grove Composting: They take Puget Sound area food and ag waste and turn it into beautiful compost and (soon) renewable energy! They’re defining industry standards for compostable service-ware. Wow!
- The Re-Store: Who doesn’t love old doorknobs, retro fittings and great deals on doors, windows and other construction materials? They’re bringing down the house!
- Zero Waste Washington: Look out – They’ve read Cradle to Cradle and they mean business when they talk product stewardship!
- By-Product Synergy NW: By-Product Synergy NW is here to save the day – helping companies turn waste to resources, get paid for their materials and even start new enterprises using waste materials.
Enjoy the company of NBIS members and friends while meeting these innovative enterprises that are helping people steward and make better use of resources.