NBIS seeks highly motivated students and professionals with skills and experience to bring to the advancement of our programs and organization. Positions begin September 2013; a 6-month commitment is requested.
NBIS is the Northwest non-profit that enables businesses and professionals to drive profitable sustainability. We do this through networking & professional development events, programs for regional business engagement and sustainability consulting services. NBIS’s flagship regional program, By-Product Synergy NW, engages member companies in developing innovative uses for “waste” materials and regional sustainability best practices.
Volunteer and internship roles with NBIS are uncompensated, but they are well rewarded through the mentorship, connections and training provided. Internship and academic credit also is available. Volunteers benefit from NBIS’ reputation and network as we engage a wide community of businesses, professionals and partner organizations. Working alongside our Executive Directors, Board members and volunteers as part of our leadership team, you will make valuable contributions to developing and strengthening sustainable business leadership in our region.
Opportunities: (follow the links for details)
* Event and Program Planning and Implementation: http://wp.me/pTGtp-Sc
* Grant Writing and Fund Development: http://wp.me/pTGtp-S8
* By-Product Synergy NW, a Waste to Resources Program: http://wp.me/pTGtp-S6
* Newsletter, Website & Social Media Communications: http://wp.me/pTGtp-S2
Requirements and Expectations:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of sustainable business and corporate responsibility management and practices.
- Program planning and project management skills, along with the capacity to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Minimum six-month commitment is requested.
- Membership in NBIS is required (full-time students may join at the student rate).
Application Process and Contact Information:
Please read the opportunity descriptions by following the above links for more details.
Send a cover letter with your expression of interest in one of these positions, along with your resume and a relevant writing sample to Mary Rose, Co-Executive Director of NBIS, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information visit www.nbis.org or call 425-445-2600.