October 24 – 26, 2016
Suquamish Clearwater Resort Conference Center
15347 Suquamish Way NE Suquamish, WA
For over 20 years, PPRC’s Regional Roundtable conference has provided Northwest businesses and agencies with valuable information and networking opportunities within the pollution prevention community. We bring together professionals of all stripes – manufacturing specialists, industry leaders, researchers, and sustainability gurus – to explore ways to improve the environmental and economic health of our region.
The 2016 Roundtable will feature:
- Workshops on installing renewables and clean energy.
- Presentations on tribal facility energy efficiency.
- Updates on pollution prevention successes and efforts from tribes, Region 8, and Region 10.
The conference will be jointly organized by PPRC, the Tribal Pollution Prevention Workgroup, and the Peaks to Prairies Pollution Prevention Information Center (Region 8).
Click HERE for more information.
August 7-9, 2016
Confronting the sustainability challenges now before us calls for collaboration, exchange of ideas, and exploration of solutions by academics and practitioners across every discipline. “Just Sustainability” will provide that platform!
- Our eight featured speakers, Congressman Adam Smith, City of Seattle’s Jessica Finn-Koven Brian Cladoosby, Shariff Abdullah, Cynthia Figge, Dr. Andrew Hoffman, McKenzie Funk, and the Interfaith Amigos will highlight how we can work together to ensure the well-being of all people while caring for our common home.
- Seven workshops will build expertise and provide tools for your organization and communities. Workshop themes range from “Indigenous Activism,” to “Corporate Sustainability,” to “Calculating Your Ecological Footprint.”
- Garden Conversations (aka speed dating) will foster connections and create a foundation for exchange, collaboration, and after-conference follow-up.
- Three sustainability tours will take you around some of the most innovative examples of greening efforts by Seattle community members and businesses. Tours include the greenest commercial building in the world (Bullitt Center), a walk through the Beacon Hill Food Forest, and a visit to the Puget Sound Clean Air Agency air sampling station.
- More than fifty academics and practitioners will give presentations that highlight their environmental justice and sustainability projects.
Click here for more information.
Presented by NBIS member, Seattle University.
June 20, 6:30 – 8:30 PM
Impact Hub, 220 2nd Avenue S
Discover the insights of veteran sustainability teacher and Natural Investments’ Managing Partner Michael Kramer as he shares why resilience is replacing sustainability as a key way to thrive in these turbulent times. By carefully assessing and planning how to use our time, energy, and money in close-to-home, global, and evolutionary strategies that prepare us for any possible future scenario, we can invest wisely in ourselves, nature, community, and the transformation of humanity.
Presented by Goodfunds Wealth Management and Green Century Funds.
June 27, 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Bell Harbor International Conference Center,
2211 Alaskan Way, Seattle WA
The CleanTech Showcase is the premier cleantech business conference in the Pacific Northwest. This one-day event gathers the industry’s best and brightest to learn about the latest clean technology innovations, research and investment opportunities. The 2016 event will feature 24 presenting companies showcasing their latest innovations, an interactive cleantech startup pavilion and exhibits, a cleantech R&D poster session, and featured national speakers and panelists. More than 350 cleantech investors, partners, customers, media and policymakers will be on hand for networking and business development. Don’t miss the Pacific Northwest’s premier cleantech innovation conference!
Use Discount Code “PIECommunity” to Save 20% on Registration!
June 14 – 16, 2016
Hilton Portland & Executive Tower
921 SW 6th Avenue, Portland, OR
With three days of programming, the longest running annual green chemistry conference invites students, scientists, industry leaders, advocates, and other key decision-makers to learn, share, and design the green innovations of tomorrow. Featuring 30 technical sessions, a poster session, keynotes lectures, the GC&E Student Workshop, the 6th Annual ACS GCI Roundtable Poster Reception, and the Green Expo, this milestone 20th edition is sure to be our greatest yet. Click HERE
to learn more.
Presented by the American Chemistry Society and the ACS Green Chemistry Institute.