Davis Wright Tremaine
1201 Third Ave, Suite 2200
The global low-carbon economy is officially here!
The impacts of the COP 21 climate agreements are sweeping through business, finance, and investment communities as well as advancing proactive governmental policies. Engagement of the private sector is critical to achieving the climate goals established in Paris and to preserving business competitiveness in a low carbon economy.
Join NBIS and a panel of business and climate action leaders for first-hand perspectives on the spirit and momentum of that landmark achievement and the implications for Washington businesses. Following the panel discussion, Karl Ostrom, Co-Executive Director of NBIS, and local business leaders will present new strategies and planning processes that companies are using to prepare for climate change risks and to leverage the opportunities evolving from this important global turning point!
7:30 – 8:00 am Breakfast and Registration
8:00 – 9:30 am Report from Paris
- Jessica Finn Coven, City of Seattle Office of Sustainability and Environment
- KC Golden, Climate Solutions,
- Jay Manning, Cascadia Law Group
- Sarah Severn, former director Corporate Responsibility and Environmental Programs, Nike; Washington Business for Climate Action Advisor
- Richard Eidlin, American Sustainable Business Council
- Ross Macfarlane, Climate Solutions, moderator
9:30 – 11:30 am Business Strategy Seminar
Karl Ostrom, Co-Executive Director of NBIS, and several leading Washington businesses will present business strategies for managing risks, sparking innovation and accelerating opportunities in a low carbon economy. With case examples and interactive discussion, this session will address topics such as:
- Scenario planning and risk analysis with an emphasis on supply chain management
- Capitalizing on cost reduction and innovation opportunities
- Setting metrics and goals aligned with the urgency of climate change and resource scarcity
- Accelerating impact through collaboration
Breakfast and Panel Only
Business Strategy Seminar Only